The Decision of the Italian Minister of Health of 28 April 2022 eliminates the obligation of filling the “digital passenger locator form” for the entry into Italy.
Entry into the Italian territory is therefore allowed to all travelers coming from non-EU countries – including Vietnam – also for tourism, upon the presentation of one of the following certifications upon boarding:
1) completion in the previous 9 months of an anti Covid-19 vaccination cycle authorized by the European Medicine Agency (EMA), in the form of EU Digital Covid Certificate or equivalent;
2) completion of an anti Covid-19 vaccination cycle and a booster dose authorized by the European Medicine Agency (EMA), in the form of EU Digital Covid Certificate or equivalent;
3) recovery from Covid-19 within six months prior to entry into Italy, in the form of EU Digital Covid Certificate or equivalent;
4) negative PCR Covid-19 test in the 72 hours prior to entry into Italy;
5) negative antigen Covid-19 test in the 48 hours prior to entry into Italy.
There are no quarantine obligations upon entry into Italy for those who are able to show one of the certifications above. Travelers without any of the above certifications are required to self-quarantine for 5 days. They are required to take either a PCR or an antigen test at the end of the 5 days period.
Short-term Schengen visa (up to 90 days) for Tourism and Business can be applied for through the Visa Center for Italy managed by VFS Global and located inResco Building, 94-96 Nguyen Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City o ACB Tower, 218 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau Ward Danang.
For more information, please visit: https://conshochiminh.esteri.it/consolato_hochiminh/en/i_servizi/per-chi-si-reca-in-italia/per-chi-si-reca-in-italia.html